Educational Systemics proudly announces the launch of two landmark products, TeleScope(TM) for K12 and MatchMaker K12(TM), which revolutionize educator access to instructional resources. Developed in response to the difficulties educators encounter in finding appropriate materials to address specific student needs, this product suite provides technology that enables information about instructional resources to be seamlessly exchanged between publishers, Learning Management System (LMS) providers, and educational institutions. This product suite was developed in partnership with North Plains Systems Corp, the leading provider of digital asset management solutions.
Educational Systemics' suite allows each LMS provider to integrate instructional resources with its unique offerings. "Educators are looking to deploy digital content from thousands of publishers to help increase student achievement and teacher effectiveness. SchoolNet is pleased to be the first K12 platform and unique integrated instructional management & human capital system provider to partner with Educational Systemics. We applaud this quantum advance in helping unify different data formats," says Daniel Ginsberg, Vice-President of Synchronization and Channel Management at SchoolNet.
Not only does this suite support LMS providers, but it also helps publishers in managing a growing library of digital assets. "This is precisely the solution that will help make the K-12 transition from analog to digital resources possible," says Bridget Foster, Manager of Technology Products for Key Curriculum Press, a leading developer and publisher of mathematics instructional resources. "From my experience in the public sector, with two management system companies, and with a content provider, it is evident that MatchMaker K12 is the missing piece that will help open a new era in how we address the needs of schools and students."
The suite consists of two products:
1) TeleScope for K12 allows publishers to manage their assets as well as quickly search and re-use digital content. Highlights of TeleScope for K12 include:
- Quick and easy organization, query, and retrieval of digital assets.
- Pre-configured to meet the needs of K12 publishers, including interoperability standards.
- A flexible and customizable technical architecture that can incorporate NIMAS/NIMAC requirements.
- Add-on software modules that enable the tool to adapt to a complete range of a publisher's development processes.
2) MatchMaker K12 marries publishers' content with learning management systems' tools so educators can find curriculum materials that address the needs of their students. Key features include:
- Access to a repository of information about any type of learning resource - print, digital, video, or online - from a wide range of participating publishers.
- A standardized data format that minimizes the technical hassles for all participants.
- Automatic updates to the data which require no additional data massaging.
- An underlying data model that is based on the Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF) - extensible to meet the needs of the publisher and management system partners.
"Leading educational institutions today are increasingly adopting the TeleScope digital asset management solution for its ability to enhance the delivery of learning resources to K12 students," said Hassan Kotob, President & CEO of North Plains. "Educational Systemics' industry expertise, reputation, and visionary approach make this an ideal partnership as together we continue to bring innovative solutions like TeleScope for K12 and MatchMaker K12 to the market."
"We are excited to provide a foundational solution that enables business partners to tie learning needs with instructional resources. Collaborating with North Plains is the perfect way to leverage existing technology to improving education," said Michael Jay, President of Educational Systemics.
About Educational Systemics
Educational Systemics is a products and services organization offering both breadth and depth of experience in education, technology, and business planning for the K12 market. We are dedicated to supporting those committed to ensuring our children receive the education they need to realize their potential. We work closely with K12 businesses to conceptualize, design, develop, position, and identify opportunities for products that address the needs of the education community. For more information, please visit www.edusystemics.com.
About North Plains
Founded in 1994, North Plains Systems Corp is the leading provider of digital asset management solutions providing full workflow support from creation, to production, to delivery. Its pioneering technology, focus, and vision have been recognized throughout the industry and are evident in such innovative products such as TeleScopeTMEnterprise 8.3 and TeleScopeTM Video Manager 2.0. With its agnostic approach to managing digital assets, over 450 customers benefit from North Plains' expertise in delivering industry-defining solutions for video asset management, digital media management & distribution, centralization, workflow optimization, and virtual collaboration. Customers include AOL, Boeing, Bowling Green State University, Gallaudet University, Harcourt, HarperCollins Publishers, Microsoft, Ogilvy and Mather, Playboy, Publicis Groupe, Publishers Clearing House, Rodale Inc, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Thomson Learning, The Utah Education Network, Viacom, and Warner Bros. For further information please visit www.northplains.com.
Educational Systemics, Inc.